Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Antelope Anyone???

This past weekend Jordan got to go Antelope hunting. It was his first time and he was very excited. He came home on Saturday with a nice buck. So..... what do you do with an antelope... I guess you cut it up and eat it!!! It was so disgusting! As you can see, Jordan cut up the antelope, Cliff (Jordan's dad) cleaned it up a little bit and then I was the wrapper upper. We had some of the steaks on the Monday when we got back from Paul and they were pretty good, except I couldn't stop thinking about where it came from and how it got in our freezer. We got about 11 pounds of hamburger and a bunch of steaks and roast. We plan on making jerky with some of it as soon as we figure out how to do that. Jordan had a blast hunting with his family, I had a blast hanging out with his mom and Tessa and we ended up with a bunch of meat!! Not a bad weekend. Jordan plans on going hunting again in about two weeks.... I do not plan on cutting up an innocent animal again :) (but I will be happy to let someone else cut it up for me!)



Our Antelope Meat


Cutting up the Antelope


Jordan, Dillon, Justin, Cliff, and antelope


Tough Guy

1 comment:

  1. so gross Jordan, but i guess if you love it, then whatever. Good luck trying some intriging recipes. Love you both and hope you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete